Laser dentistry is a precise and effective way to perform many common dental procedures, and has been proven to minimize the pain and recovery time required for almost every major oral procedure.
- Procedures performed using soft tissue dental lasers may not require inconvenient oral stitches, as skin can be cauterized on site.
- Laser dentistry minimizes bleeding in the mouth because the high-energy beam of light aids in the clotting (coagulation) of exposed blood vessels, thus reducing bleeding.
- Chances of a bacterial infection are reduced because the high-energy beam sterilizes any area it is working on.
- Damage to tissues surrounding the procedure site is minimized, creating less irritation and improving healing times.
- Wounds associated with oral surgery procedures typically heal faster and tissues regenerate at an accelerated rate.
Application of Laser Dentistry
The application of laser treatments opens the door for dentists to perform a wide variety of procedures they otherwise might not be able to perform. Because we are able to utilize these laser technologies in our Greensboro dental office, we have become adept at incorporating the state-of-the-art technology into a number of our procedures.
Hard Tissue (Tooth) Procedures
- Cavity Detector
- Dental Fillings/Tooth Preparation
Soft Tissue (Gum) Laser Dentistry Procedures
- Crown Lengthening
- Gummy Smile
- Muscle Attachment (Frenula)
- Soft Tissue Folds (Epulis)
Other Laser Dentistry Applications
- Viewing Tooth and Gum Tissues
- Benign Tumors
- Cold Sores
- Nerve Regeneration
- Sleep Apnea
- Teeth Whitening
- Temporomandibular Joint Treatment
Please contact Bella Dental to learn more about our dental laser technology and available procedures, and how we can help strengthen and restore your smile!